A tofu scramble is always a wonderful meal to serve for breakfast or brunch! There are many vegan versions of tofu scrambles now that if you are a scrambled egg lover (like I used to be), you now have many very tasty, cruelty-free options in which to choose to placate your taste buds. Try this gluten-free version for breakfast. This will feed two to four people. Serve with vegan pancakes or vegan waffles.
1 lb. firm or extra firm tofu
4-5 sundried tomatoes, chopped
½ small red pepper, chopped
½ small onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
4-5 green or Kalamata olives, minced
2 Tbsp. vegan parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. dry rosemary
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
- Prepare all above ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare tofu by draining excess water from package. Then cut into small pieces. Place into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except red pepper, onions and garlic to tofu bowl. Mix. Mash the mixture until it looks like brains. This should take less than a minute.
- In a large skillet, use a dab of oil olive or just water and cook the red pepper for a minute on medium heat. Add onions and cook for a minute longer, stirring. Then add garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer.
- Add tofu mixture and cook for 1 minute, stirring to heat all of the mixture. Serve immediately.
© 2016, Vilma Reynoso, VEGoutwithVilms.com, VEG out: go Vegan. save Earth. be Good to animals