There is nothing better than delicious, warm soup on frigid winter day! Having experienced an unexpected Arctic blast here in the Rockies yesterday, I decided to stay home and create this new recipe. This will feed 6-8 people, is gluten-free and of course, vegan.
I added turmeric to this recipe, and the taste is phenomenal. Turmeric has many health benefits and has been used in India for over 2500 years. Researchers have discovered that turmeric is known to help with eye health, weight loss, Parkinson’s disease, depression, liver health, leukemia, skin cancers, prostate cancer, brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, is a natural anti-inflammatory agent, a natural pain-killer, helps you sleep better and more! Below is the recipe.
Large soup pot
1 large zucchini, peeled and chopped
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tbsp. turmeric
1 Tbsp. fennel
1 Tbsp. sea salt
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
4 Tbsp. vegan bouillon
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
8 cups water
- Prepare above ingredients.
- In a large pot, cook the carrots and onions in olive oil for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add zucchini and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add more oil or a dab of water if the mix is becoming dry.
- Add 8 cups water, potatoes and spices.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 40 minutes.
- Carefully add soup mixture into blender. Make sure not to fill the blender or the mixture will spill out when you blend. You will not be able to blend all of the mixture at once. Blend for about 10 seconds until it becomes a puree. Set aside in a large pot or bowl. Continue this process until all the soup is blended and pureed.
- Serve and garnish with a dash of black pepper.
© 2016, Vilma Reynoso, VEGoutwithVilms.com, VEG out: go Vegan. save Earth. be Good to animals