I recently bought one of the tastiest vegan cheeses on the market: The Honest Stand Nacho Cheesy Sauce! It is absolutely delicious, is gluten-free and soy-free and can be used as a dip with chips or over chili fries, on vegan pizza, or in many other yummy dishes. Tonight, I used this cheese to make a sauce over pasta and broccoli. Below is the very easy recipe!
vegan / peanut-free
½ cup almond or soy milk
1 small onion, chopped
Any type of gluten-free or regular noodles
2 cups frozen broccoli
Salt to taste
- Prepare the pasta and the broccoli according to directions.
- Cook the onion in a dab of olive oil on medium heat for one minute.
- Add the milk and the cheese. Stir and cook on low heat for two minutes. Taste and add salt if desired. For a thinker sauce, add more cheese. For a thinner sauce, add more milk.
- Place cheese sauce in blender and blend for 30 seconds or until the onion is dissolved.
- Mix sauce with broccoli and pasta. Serve immediately.
© 2017, Vilma Reynoso, VEGoutwithVilms.com, VEG out: go Vegan. save Earth. be Good to animals.