I love to give my body what it needs to heal when I am ill, so as usual, I experimented and recently created a very nutritious soup that helped me tremendously, so I am sharing! This is a very “green” and nourishing broth that is easy to digest, and your body will thank you for it. This recipe is for a large pot of soup that will feed 8-10 people. I suggest freezing the left overs.
vegan / gluten-free / soy free
1 large zucchini, chopped
8-10 brussels sprouts, stemmed and cut in half
1 large leek, chopped
1 handful of fresh parsley
1 handful of baby spinach
3-4 kale leaves, chopped
3 Tbsp vegan broth powder
5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
¼ tsp coriander
1 Tbsp turmeric
1 Tbsp ground sage
½ tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
12 cups water
- In a large pot, add a ½ cup water and cook the zucchini and leeks on medium high for about 5 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts and another ½ cup water (or more if it is becoming dry). Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add the remaining water – about 11 cups and all the remaining ingredients, except the kale and spinach. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 40 minutes.
- Add kale and spinach and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from stove. Carefully add soup mixture into blender to puree. Make sure not to fill the blender or the mixture will spill out when you blend. You will not be able to blend all of the mixture at once. Blend for about 10 seconds until it becomes a puree. Set aside in a large pot or bowl. Continue this process until all the soup is pureed.
- The broth will be green. Serve immediately.
© 2017, Vilma Reynoso, VEGoutwithVilms.com, VEG out: go Vegan. save Earth. be Good to animals