The holidays can be a very stressful time for many people. Recently, I created a simple recipe that helped ease the anxiety of trying to determine what to bring to a holiday party or potluck. These nut balls are very easy to make, and it takes only about 10 minutes. They can be served as an appetizer or a dessert. They are delicious!
For a raw vegan version of this recipe, soak the walnuts for 8 hours and then dry them in a dehydrator overnight.
2 cups walnuts (soaked and dried for a raw vegan version)
¼ cup dates, pitted and soaked
¼ cup shredded coconut or coconut flakes
2 Tbsp. agave nectar
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Optional: Soak walnuts overnight (about 8 hours) for a raw vegan version. Dry in dehydrator.
- Grind walnuts in a food processor until fine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the coconut and blend until creamy.
- Form mixture into small balls.
- Place coconut into a large jar. Add one or two balls at a time into jar and shake until the coconut sticks to the nut balls.
- Refrigerate until serving.
© 2016, Vilma Reynoso, VEGoutwithVilms.com, VEG out: go Vegan. save Earth. be Good to animals