I had a bountiful harvest this fall! In the late spring, I had planted all kinds of squash, which grow abundantly here in Colorado. Tonight, I decided to stuff a summer squash with a delicious mix of vegan sausage and spices! This is a perfect recipe for a mild winter day. This will feed two to four people if supplemented with asparagus, a salad, brussels sprouts or another tasty side dish.
I large summer squash, cut in half lengthwise
2 Tofurky spinach-pesto vegan sausages (usually in a pack of four), chopped into pieces
1 small red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
5-6 green olives, chopped
1 Tbsp vegan parmesan
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
Dash of Cajun seasoning
- Place all ingredients except the squash into a bowl. Mix well.
- Cut the summer squash lengthwise in half and remove all the seeds.
- Optional: brush the sides of the squash with a bit of olive oil.
- Carefully place the sausage mix into each half of the squash.
- Cook covered with tin foil in a 400 degree oven for 50 minutes. Then cook uncovered for 10 more minutes. Done!
© 2016, Vilma Reynoso, VEGoutwithVilms.com, VEG out: go Vegan. save Earth. be Good to animals.