Feeling sick and tired of feeling sick?
Illness, exhaustion, and lethargy seem to be the norm these days. Millions of people are struggling with disease and a general sense of feeling awful.
So what can you do to feel better and take control of your health?
If you search online, you will find lots of articles raging about the health benefits of green smoothies, so you might be wondering if the information is incongruent, or if it is hype. I am here to tell you that it’s true: green smoothies will improve your health, give you more energy, help you lose weight, and so much more.
When I first started drinking vegan green smoothies, I had no idea what I was doing. I was clueless about how to make them, what ingredients I should use, how much water or plant-based milk I should add, what vegetables and fruit work well. But, I was determined to improve my health, so my research began.
Feeling lousy for years and suffering from uterine fibroids, chronic fatigue syndrome, mood swings, asthma, sinusitis, foggy thinking, depression, and more, I was not sure how much of an impact a smoothie could make on my health. I expected to “suffer” through my new green smoothie endeavor and knew that I would be eating something that tasted like cardboard.
Of course, I was not alone, right? Who loves the taste of raw, liquid kale?
Boy, was I wrong!
Not only were vegan smoothies tasty, but I fell in love with them! I found some healthy recipes and eventually learned to create my own. As I put together delicious smoothie concoctions, I was surprised at how delicious they tasted, how easy they were to make, and how I was not tasting the “green parts.” After drinking a smoothie a day, I noticed I felt better, I had more energy, the extra weight came off easily, and my ailments started to diminish. Green smoothies became the perfect start to my goal of improving my health.
They can also HELP YOU.
What are Green Smoothies and How They Can Help Improve Your Health
Vegan green smoothies are natural, delicious, cleansing, nourishing, blended combinations of raw fruit and vegetables with water or plant-based milk. Nuts or seeds are also sometimes added. They are nutritional powerhouses because they contain all of the nutrients the body needs for optimal functioning:
Fruit and leafy greens, as the main ingredients in green smoothies, contain fiber which helps the elimination of stored toxins in the bowels and tissues. Consumed as a blended drink, the fiber is broken down and allows for better absorption in the body.
The high water content in fruit found in green smoothie recipes naturally hydrates the body. Green leafy vegetables also contain chlorophyll, which is liquefied sun energy. Studies suggest chlorophyll cleanses all our organs and destroys free radicals, pathogenic bacteria, fungi in our bodies, and has been shown to destroy cancer cells.
These are fantastic advantages, but there are also more!
Here are ten life-changing benefits of drinking vegan green smoothies:
- More Energy. A green smoothie a day fills your body with needed vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
- Weight Loss. Because of the low-calorie and high nutrient value, green smoothies will cause you to lose weight.
- Better Sleep. Drinking green smoothies regulates your body’s systems which will help you sleep better.
- Disease Elimination. As nutritious healing concoctions, green smoothies are a cure for unhealthy eating habits.
- Disease Prevention. As nutritional powerhouses, green smoothies help to keep illnesses at bay.
- Inexpensive to Create. There are many combinations of green smoothies. All you need are a few healthy and organic ingredients, and you are on your way!
- Unlimited Ingredients. You can make a green smoothie with just about any fruit or vegetable; you are at liberty to experiment for different tastes.
- Quick and Easy Preparation. Green Smoothies take about 5-7 minutes to create.
- Quick and Easy Clean up. The blender, cutting board, and knife are cleaned in no time.
- Wonderful Taste. Green smoothies are tasty, and even though leafy greens are a significant part of any green smoothie, you only taste the fruit.
As highly nutritious and delicious drinks, a green smoothie a day is the beginning of a healthy lifestyle.
Why not give them a try?
To learn how to make delicious and nutritious green smoothies, purchase my eBook: Vegan Green Smoothies by Vilms: 35 Easy, Nutritious and Delicious Recipes for Ultimate Health and Vitality.