When I first started drinking vegan green smoothies, I had no idea what I was doing. I had no clue how to make them, what ingredients I should use, how much water or plant-based milk I should add, what vegetables and fruit work well. But, I was determined to improve my health, so my research began and I soon found some good recipes.
But feeling lousy for years and suffering from uterine fibroids, chronic fatigue, anxiety, mood swings, asthma, sinusitis, foggy thinking, depression, and more, I was not sure how much of an impact a smoothie could make on my health. I expected to “suffer” through my new green smoothie endeavor and knew that I would be eating something that tasted like cardboard.
Of course, I was not alone, right? Who loves the taste of raw, liquid kale?
Boy, was I wrong!
Not only were smoothies tasty, but I fell in love with them. As I learned to create delicious smoothie concoctions, I was surprised at how delicious they tasted, how easy they were to make, and that I did not taste the “green parts.” The absolute best part was noticing how much better I felt each day after eating them, how I had more energy, how the extra weight came off easily, and how my ailments started to diminish. Green smoothies were the perfect start to my goal of improving my health.
They can ALSO HELP YOU.
What are Green Smoothies and How They Can Help You Improve Your Health
Green smoothies are all natural, blended, delicious, cleansing, nourishing, life-giving concoctions of raw fruits and vegetables. They are nutritional powerhouses because they contain all of the nutrients the body needs for optimal functioning:
Fruit and leafy greens as the main ingredients in green smoothies also contain fiber, which aides in the elimination of stored toxins in the bowels and tissues. Consumed as a blended drink, the fiber is broken down and allows for better absorption in the body. The high water content in fruit found in green smoothie recipes naturally hydrates the body. Green leafy vegetables also contain chlorophyll, which is liquefied sun energy. Chlorophyll cleanses all our organs and destroys free radicals, pathogenic bacteria and fungi in our bodies, and has been shown to destroy cancer cells.
Those are fantastic advantages, but there are also more! Here are ten fabulous benefits of drinking green smoothies:
- More Energy. A green smoothie a day fills your body with needed vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
- Weight Loss. Because of the low-calorie and high nutrient value, green smoothies will actually cause you to lose weight.
- Better Sleep. Drinking green smoothies regulates your body’s systems which will help you sleep better.
- Disease Elimination. As nutritious healing concoctions, green smoothies are a cure for unhealthy eating habits.
- Disease Prevention. As nutritional powerhouses, green smoothies help to keep illnesses at bay.
- Inexpensive to Create. There are many combinations of green smoothies. All you need are a few healthy and organic ingredients, and you are on your way.
- Unlimited Ingredients. You can make a green smoothie with just about any fruit or vegetable; you are at liberty to experiment for different tastes.
- Quick and Easy Preparation. Green Smoothies take about 5-7 minutes to create.
- Quick and Easy Clean up. The blender, cutting board and knife are cleaned in no time.
- Wonderful Taste. Green smoothies are very tasty, and even though leafy greens are a significant part of any green smoothie, the beauty is you only taste the fruit.
As highly nutritious and delicious drinks, a green smoothie a day, helps keep the doctor away!
To learn how to make delicious and nutritious green smoothies, purchase my eBook: Vegan Green Smoothies by Vilms: 35 Easy, Nutritious and Delicious Recipes for Ultimate Health and Vitality.