The vegan lifestyle has changed my life profoundly. It has opened my eyes, my heart, my compassion and my spirit more than any other experience in all the years I have lived!
My eyes were opened when I discovered that animals experience unimaginable torture before they are killed for our palates. I learned we are polluting our earth by the ramifications of factory farming, we are destroying the oceans, and harming the air we breathe. Wanting to refrain from contributing to such brutality on all levels opened my heart. My compassion grew. Finally, my spirit became at peace knowing that when I sit down to a meal, I am choosing to eat the best diet possible for the animals, for the planet, and for the people. Learn more. You can, too!
Here are some of the benefits I experience as a vegan:
- I am healthier.
- I have more energy.
- I am lighter.
- I feel younger than my age.
- I am stronger.
- I am more alert.
- I reduce my chances of getting a degenerative disease.
- I am increasing my quality of life.
- I do not contribute to torture and murder of animals worldwide.
- No animal had to suffer for me to nourish myself.
- I am not ingesting death, fear, and suffering.
- I am not contributing to global warming, since animal farming is the number one cause of climate change in the world.
- I am not contributing to the contamination of the oceans and the annihilation of sea life.
- I am not contributing to the elimination of the planet’s forests and fertile land to make room for livestock that is tortured and killed and then fed to populations who are dying from animal-based diets.
- I am using less of the earth’s precious water supply: it takes twenty five gallons of water to produce 1 lb. of grain. It takes 2500 gallons of water to produce 1 lb. of meat!
- I am not contributing to world hunger: seventy percent of the grain grown in the U.S. alone is used to produce meat; if that grain were fed directly to people, no one on the planet would go hungry.
- I am not contributing to excessive waste from factory farms which pollutes our rivers and land.
- I am eating delicious vegan cuisine.
- I am receiving all the nutrients my body needs.
- I am eating healthy, whole vegan food without cholesterol, processed sugar, excessive sodium, GMOs, and added damaging and disease-causing chemicals.
- I do not smell foul odors in the kitchen when I cook or prepare my food.
- It is easy for me to clean up after preparing and eating vegan food.
- I am less irritable, anxious, fearful or worried.
- I acknowledge that humans are herbivores and eat what an herbivore is designed to consume.
- I have a minimal chance of buying or consuming contaminated food.
- I am more spiritually connected to all life.
- I am spreading compassion and love.
- I respect all life as it is.
- I am at peace.
- I am living my spiritual truth.
Vilma Reynoso, www.VEGoutwithVilms.com, VEG out: go Vegan. Save Earth. be Good to animals.
Copyright, 2014, Vilma Reynoso